Skip to main content

THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD IS MINE!




I am so excited to be given the recognition of a 'Liebster'. Liebster in German implies 'Favourite', 'dearest' and all and this award is given to bloggers who have a readership of less than 200 people, in order to motivate them and help them cherish their talent as a writer/ blogger. I'm so thankful to Keisakura Ninjin for nominating me for this award. 

An award comes your way with expectations and in my case, there is no exception. So, let me fulfill my nominator's demands. The rules that the receiver of this award has to comply with are as follows:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves. ( Honesty is the best policy)
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you 
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

So here goes,

11 things about me:

1. I am a very complicated person who tries to be simple.
2. I love to write. In fact, whenever there is peril in my life, I hold on to my pen.
3. I am a socially active person who likes to voice her views on pollution, illiteracy, poverty and corruption in the world.
4. I have a generous heart which is capable of spending out of the way for the poor.
5. I love gifting.
6. The concept of being in a relationship does not interest me. 
7. I believe to be of no particular religion, caste, social status, society or country.
8. I love to fill my palette with delicious food.
9. When I write poetry, I drown in my verses and there is no place for ebbs.
10. I am lazy and a procrastinator
11. I have a child-like passion when I start painting (But I suck at it!)

My answers for my nominator's questions: 

1. What is love according to you?

Love is the mutual unconditional affection that people hold for each other.

2. What is the one thing that you want to change in your life?

I don't want any changes as of now. All is well! ;)

3. How often do you use swear words?

I firmly believe that using swear words in unethical and sub-standard. I have never come to use them.

4. What do you think of my blog? How can I improve?

Your blog is pretty awesome but you might need to change your template for a better look.

5. Who is the one person that you wish to apologise and why?

My then best friend whom I cut off after school because she had lied a lot to me. I want to apologize to her as what she did never affected me in anyway other than my ego.

6. What do you think about Maggi noodles?

Maggi has been my childhood favourite and being a foodie, my interest towards it has never diminished.

7. What does travelling mean to you?

Visiting a new place is a breath of fresh air to me. It helps me vent out the trash in my mind and live in the present bliss. 

8. What do you think about women?

I am a woman and I think greatly about myself and this implies to the rest as well. 

9. Which country do you want to settle down in?

 U.S.A

10. What according to you is the toughest language to learn?

Most absolutely hindi!

11. Name 3 of your favourite restaurants in Chennai.

The Holy Smoke, Mexican Fiesta, Haven's Sampoorna

NOMINATION TIME!!!

The nominees are: 

3. Vidhyalakshmi http://viddev.wordpress.com/
7. Mahesh www.vincimax.blogspot.com
8.  Harini Venkatraman http://maitriharys.blogspot.in/
10. Ashika Anne Kumar http://beingoxymoronish.blogspot.in/

CONGRATS GUYS!!!

My 11 questions to those whom I nominated:

1. If you were born a saint, what would your message to the society be?
2. How did you start blogging? 
3. Why do you think modern poetry is not well-recognized in the world of literature?
4. If you are to become young again and shape your career afresh, what would you choose to be?
5. What is the first thing that you would do if you wake up to find yourself (alone) stranded in a uninhabited desert? 
6. What is your take on water conservation?
7. If you are in a powerful position in the government or the UN, what would your reforms be on poverty alleviation?
8. If you are born to a terrorist father, can you keep the same composure and non-violence that exists in you now?
9. If you are secret agent who is appointed with a mission to find the root cause of terrorism, what will be the first thing you will accomplish?
10. What is your opinion on the sky being blue? (NON-SCIENTIFIC)
11. State one compliment and one criticism about me deserving this liebster blog award.

PHEW!! ALL DONE!! THANKS A TON!! :) :)

Comments

  1. Congrats Gayathree. Liked reading a bit about you.

    You should do a post on why you would like to settle in the US of A by highlighting some features of that place.

    Gayathree, I'm happy that you're a invaluable part of CBC. Big hugs.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan. :) I will certainly do a post on my choice of settling in the US of A... coming up very soon.

      I am very touched by what you said Susan. I am very glad and honoured to be a part of CBC.

      Biggest of HUGS :)

      Best,
      Gayathree

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL. Clement please answer them for me, if you'd like to!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Speak your mind

Popular posts from this blog

FOUND

                                          CHAPTER 1 It was one of those days of monotony that Maureen had to spend. Sitting outside the office cabin of her boss, answering the ever- ringing phones, charting out schedules for his day, making arrangements for client meetings and lunch calls and such other things a secretary is paid to do. It was the eve of her first year of wedding anniversary and also the day when she is about to get paid for the month long mixed bag of work she had executed so perfectly. But her boss was quite rigid and insensitive. He never got to recognize the quality with which she executed her work. Long past eight, she returned home with her wallet full of fresh cash and a huge box of assorted gifts for her husband, whom she had been yearning to see. She had already missed the lunch date for that day, they had planned the previous day, because of her ever-complaining boss. As she walked into the hall, she saw the telly set blaring with stoma

To share...

As I was walking on the narrow pavements flooded with rain water near my college, I saw an old man with a heavily rimmed, almost broken pair of glasses just sticking to his nose. He was very feeble and exhausted of all spirit. He wore a tattered and almost brown dhoti and was barefoot, leaning on a stick. He sat on one corner and started to open his packet of food that he had luckily earnt for the day.  His hands terribly shook when he unwound the packet and by the time he opened it, half the food was spilt on the ground and he had just a bare minimum to fill his stomach with. He laid the packet slowly on the ground and started to eat it. Just as he was beginning to eat, there was a stray dog beside him lying on the hard floor. It seemed to be recently stoned in a terrible way, that it was even unable to move, it kept looking at his packet of food with yearning eyes. The old man looked at the dog, he stared at it quietly for a while, and then to my surprise, his fa

Confessions of an actress..

She was standing in the limelight of the 77th annual cine awards, her sketch being portrayed as perfectly as ever. She stood there smiling blissfully with her teeth of pure white, her flexible skin elongating to produce a perfect upward curve. She had been plastered with a silky white gown portraying her clevage and strapped to 7 inch stilletos that she had never been comfortable with. She was a woman of strong moral fiber, at least she had been so, until she was forced to act because of her stunning radiance and sharp features. A girl of 16 she was, when the first opportunity of playing a modest role in a tv series came her way. She was least interested as she had been doing exceedingly well in her academics. She had already set her goals of becoming a chartered accountant, unlike her mother, an actress of the 1970s, least successful and in debt, a drunkard who couldn't make it till her 60th birthday. She was very disappointed in ending up the same way her mother did. She