Skip to main content

Breaking free





Endless storm brushes me past
never leaves me alone
with my hair pricking my face 
like pine

Rains pound onto my body
making it shiver
my body gleams silver
when the silky glow pounds my skin

Suddenly, there is a heavy swirl
of pearl white snow
slithering onto me
I shudder

Ringlets of heat rays
gorge on my face
quenching its thirst
leaving me parched

Stillness conquers
engulfing my present
meditating upon my mind
that swirls like sand storm

I stand there
facing all at once
with a ringlet of fire
seemingly comforting
fixated around my middle

Like the ever changing arena
my desires never cling
but grow and shirnk
change form

They laugh at me
with malice
upon my fickleness
on being futile,
indesicive

cringe me into pulp
shatter into pieces
strangle into dead meat
devour my senses
and grin with contempt

I am torn inbetween them
the desire to move
yet to stay
the desire to battle
yet to make peace
the desire to laugh
yet to cry
the desire to live
yet to die

As my ringlet of icy flame
burn my soul
the desires pin me down
I start to pine upon 
things around me

I meditate
gather my shattered soul
straighten my cringed heart
and unstrangle me.

I so decide
to stay to face the storm
to face the burns 
to struggle to survive
to face failure yet to win
at the end.

The tornado 
turns to calm
stillness clings to the air
a strong desire to survive
soothes my heart.

I decide 
to hope
to pray 
to love my life
to try,
for nothing in life
comes without it.

Comments

  1. Wonderful Gayu ! Just loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am torn inbetween them
    the desire to move
    yet to stay
    the desire to battle
    yet to make peace
    the desire to laugh
    yet to cry
    the desire to live
    yet to die

    Awesome lines :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Speak your mind

Popular posts from this blog

FOUND

                                                                    Image: Internet
If you had missed the previous chapters of the story: Click here Chapter 1Chapter 2

CHAPTER 3


It was the fall again, they had gone for a stroll outside the university campus into the beautiful park where snowy trees surrounded the white spread and there were very few passers-by due to the freezing chill.
The two of them hovered around enjoying the beauty carpeted around them. Maureen had already gone down, working her gloved hands into the snowy layers. She started rolling a huge ice ball with a grin on her pink face. Steve looked at her dazed by the tinkle of her eyes and the jingle that her laughter spread in his heart.  The moist wind ruffled her blond hair, some of which fell onto her face like a wave onto the shores.
Steve just stood there with his hands folded, his lips curved into a mesmerizing smile and his eyebrows were arched in sheer amazement of what was happening to him that moment.   He felt…

Being humane

Every dawn dooms with wail


I never opine but in my daze,

For I am human, humane.

Image courtesy: Internet

To write is to dwell

FEBRUARY 15th, 2012





















What writing means to me...

As lonely as a cloud, as boring as boredom itself, I was. I grew up as a typical child at school but a very hefty one, I am still the same. I managed to cheer people with my innocence but did not manage to make happy friends to last a lifetime because of my gross physique. I couldn't play as I had no playmates at home and my only hobby was to sit and watch tv.

When I was studying in kindergarten, I used to visit a nearby shop with my dad. My dad was busy shopping for groceries and I engaged myself in observing things around me. The people who had mixed emotions that outshone on their faces, an old man cycling with a lot of strain, probably getting back home, the lady vendor with her dirty saree pinned up to her waist and squatting on the floor, selling vegetables, the autowala bargaining with his potential customer, the green trees which arched high with its countless leaves, the flowers that smile at me on the road side, happy child…